Christian and Secular Worldviews and the Existence of God
Here are some questions you might think about discussing with your kids, especially older ones:
- How do Christians think about the world differently than those who don’t believe in God?
- What kinds of conversations about God or the existence of God do you hear in school? On social media? How do you/could you enter into those conversations?
- What might be some reasons why people would believe in God? What might make it difficult for some people to believe in God? Do you think it is reasonable to believe in God?
- What kind of difference should it make in someone’s day to day life if he or she believes in God?
You could also read/watch some of these arguments for the existence of God, or listen to this talk, and discuss together:
- Peter Kreeft – Argument from first cause: https://youtu.be/MoxuuAqXBpA
- An article describing 20 different arguments for the existence of God: https://strangenotions.com/god-exists/
- A response to the particular objection: Why can’t the universe itself be necessary instead of God? https://youtu.be/Aq93Dxl6Izc
- More arguments from Peter Kreeft: https://www.peterkreeft.com/audio/08_arguments-for-god.htm